Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 8 Florence





This morning I took a taxi from my hotel to the train station in Rome. I realized on my way there that they do have traffic lanes on the roads, but it must be optional to stay with in them. They drive all over the place, turn when they want to and just flat out drive how they want. I kind of felt like I was riding with Sonya. Anyway, I made it to Florence around 1:00. It was very hot and humid here. My GPS wasn't working properly, but I knew that my hotel was within a 3 minute walk from the station. The only problem was that I didn't know in what direction. After about 20 minutes I found my destination. A 3 minute walk can take me 20 I guess. Florence is beautiful. I mainly wandered around the city just seeing what it is like. Tomorrow I plan on getting on one of the tour buses. I am going to enjoy an early night again tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are in Florence, Italy--not the other one!! Looks beautiful!! We just got to the Holiday Inn at the airport in Baltimore. We are all tired as it is 10:17 in Arizona, but 1:17 in Baltimore. Kerri met us at the airport as she got in from Atlanta just before us.

    Both of them said they don't know what they want from Italy. I am thinking a nice book of some of the art masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh.... so are you saying I am a bad driver?!? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, Patrick! I admire how you are able to find your way around and navigate a new city without much help from your GPS!! Has there been anthing in Italy that really surprised you that you weren't expecting?? By the way, I've meant to tell you every time that I love the title of your blog!! : ))

    ReplyDelete