Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 7 Last Day in Rome





I got up late again today. I am just exhausted and I figure that since it takes a while to get to my hotel here, that this is the best day to sleep in. I headed out to the usual stop at Castel Sant' Angelo to hop on the tour bus. I rode around for a little bit until I reached the stop for the Trevi Fountain. This was an amazing sight. It has been so hot and humid in Rome I would have liked to jump in for a swim. I figured that the police wouldn't like me doing that so I decided against that. I wandered around the area and came across the Pantheon. Another incredibly old and awesome building. Just riding around the city you see these ancient buildings and then archeological digs and just are amazed about how old this place is and how well things have survived. There was a sight that historians believe is where Caesar was killed, but I was unable to take a picture because the bus was moving to fast. I wonder how many sights there are in the Arizona desert that are buried deep down under the dirt. After so many years things would have to be covered by layers of sand and dirt. I could be wrong, but it is truly an amazing thought. Anyway, I did some shopping today. Bought a few things for myself, Fernando and mom another shot glass. I walked down one street that contained all of the expensive boutiques. I felt poor just walking down there. Rome is a wonderful city and I really am going to have to come back to see all that I have missed. Tomorrow off to Florence

7 comments:

  1. Glad that you are seeing so much. I think Florence will be incredible.

    We leave for D.C. tomorrow afternoon. We will get into Baltimore at 11:15 p.m. We will stay at the airport tomorrow night. I am looking forward to seeing the Washington Mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showed the pictures to Teresa! She loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fountain is just beautiful, Patrick! You are seeing soooo much!! I would be all over the wonderful Italian food - I'm a fan of Lydia Bastianich on t.v.... have you been trying the Italian fare? What's been a favorite?? Florence.... (sigh).... sounds so romantic... I'm so happy that you get to take this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love i told your mom that I'm starting to think that you are really in Vegas....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Velvet, I have had a lot of pizza. It is very different than in the US and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO AMAZING! It's funny that you mention the digs there in Rome. The Anthropology prof. I had last semester does his field work in Rome digging up ancient Roman graves...I wonder if that was him!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your pictures are amazing. I bet Arizona has lots of secrets. Rome must be magical. I loved the picture of the fountain. Glad you didn't jump in! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete