Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 3 Paris Again





I just got back from the Louvre. I spent about 3 hours there got lost inside the building. It is amazing and huge. I don't think I even covered a tenth of the place. I found it almost overwhelming. I was able to see the Mona Lisa and The Venus de Milo. I didn't think you could take pictures of the Mona Lisa, but apparently you can. I walked back to my hotel because for some reason the battery to my camera didn't charge. I wanted to charge before I went anywhere else. On the way back I passed the Republique station and some sort of demonstration is going on. The police are out in full riot gear. Needless to say, I kept walking back to my hotel and am going to wait til things calm down before I head out.

2 comments:

  1. When I was in Paris 30 years ago,it was New Year's. Every New Year's Eve then, the students would riot and the police were all over the place then, too. It was kind of scary for a bit.

    Hope the battery is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron would tell you that it was all of the ghosts in the place draining your battery. Enjoy! Looks beautiful. Go eat some French cheese for me, it's dreamy.

    ReplyDelete