Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Final Day





Well, it is finally here. The end of my wonderful trip. It has had many incredible moments as well as difficult ones. I am very glad to say that I had this experience. It has truly been amazing. I don't know if I could do it all at once again. I hope to spend more time in a few places next time. The Tour De France was riding through Barcelona today, so traffic was crazy. It was exciting to see. On the day I arrived in London Wimbledon began and now as I leave I get to see the Tour De France. Today I made it to Sagrada Familia. I have been wanting to see this cathedral since I saw it on tv during the 1992 Olympics. It was truly worth the wait. My eyes teared up as soon as I walked around the corner and saw this magnificent piece of architecture. I want to thank all of you for reading my blog and sending your comments. I have missed everyone and will be sad to leave Europe, but also very very very excited to come home.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Patrick,
    I thank you for sharing your trip with us with such wonderful posts and pictures that helped me to understand what you were seeing and doing! I don't think I'll ever get to Europe myself so to visit it through someone else is a treat for me! I am so glad you made this soujourn - I'm sure it has held much in the way of lessons and perspectives on so many levels!!! We have missed you and I can't wait to give you a 'welcome home' hug! : )) Thank you for sharing your trip with me! Save travel home...
    Love,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh... that should be 'safe' travel home...but you could 'save' it if you want to! : /

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how beautiful! It seems you saved the best for last. Have a safe trip and I love you. I will miss check in on you everyday on here...so you better give me a call.
    love ya!!!
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am anxious to see you tomorrow night!! What a great experience this has been for you, Patrick! I am so glad that you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patrick,
    We can hardly wait to see you! Of course I am writing this about the time you will be arriving! What can I say? The cathedral is superb. Do you think you have begun to even take it all in? Mom and I are excited to see you.

    ReplyDelete