Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 10 Florence to Nice





I arrived in Nice around 8 pm today. It was a gorgeous train ride. I had to switch trains in Milan, but was only there for about an hour. The northern part of Italy and the south of France are very mountainous and I couldn't count the number of times the train traveled in tunnels. I was able to ride through Monaco which was exciting. So back in France now. I am about a 10 minute walk to the Mediterranean Sea. I can't wait to hit the beach tomorrow. It will be nice to sweat some of my cold off on the beach since I have been sweating like crazy as it is. I only have a few pictures so I will post what I have. Also, I saw a pug on my walk home tonight. I miss my Pancho.

2 comments:

  1. Patrick,

    I know Pancho misses you too! I just am enjoying your trip so much. I hope your trip to the beach was great. I would love to be able to visit the places you have shared. Ken is on his way home today. He met your mom, Kerri, Cameron and Katie for lunch and toured the White House with them. I don't know if Kayla will understand how special this trip is until she is older. Mom called today and told me they were at the farm and having a "wonderful time". The call was dropped and I tried to call her back. Of course she did not pick-up! But, I am sure they are having fun. Take Care. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bathroom!!! We saw some a lot in D.C. yesterday. We are now in Virginia right next to the Potomac. It is absolutely beautiful!! Glad you are having such a great time. Be sure to eat the peas that Judy Feldman suggested!!

    ReplyDelete