Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 15 Barcelona





I took the train from Madrid to Barcelona around 12 today. It was a cool trip. The train displayed the speed on a screen. At times were traveling at 190 mph. It would take a 6 hour drive, but took the train 3 hours. Barcelona, like the rest of Europe is humid. I am dealing with it, but much prefer the dry heat. I am staying in Las Ramblas area. It has a main street that is full of artists, shops and cafes. I wandered around for a while, before sitting down and having artichoke tapas. It was very good and only 5 Euros. I am looking forward to hopping on a tour bus tomorrow. I am so excited to see Catedral de Santa Eulalia de Barcelona tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better today. What a great trip!! We are home and the pugs were really glad to see us (and Harvey)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that totilla soup delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 190 miles per hour! Wow, did it feel that fast? The artichoke tapas look interesting. Are you going to make some of these dishes when you get home? We will plan on a night that you cook!

    I was so glad to see your mom, Kerri, Camerson and "mom" yesterday. They had such a great time in DC. I really appreciate your mom going to the reunion with "mom". Mom had such a great time. She will tell you all about it when you get home.

    Harvey is so crazy. He is just such a happy dog. Fernando took great care of the dogs while your mom was in DC. We really appreciate Fernando and all he does to support our family. He is a great friend to us.

    Pancho is still very "serious" about his "ball." I played and played with him the other day. He just never tires! Hurry home, we miss you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete